Hospice Foundation of America announces its new funding program to support grieving young people ages 13—17. Applicants must be non-profit hospices or other non-profit bereavement organizations whose programs are available to the entire community in which they are located. Hospice Foundation of America will award one $10,000 grant for program-related expenses (including but not limited to purchase of equipment or materials, publications, or other curriculum-related materials.) Priority will be given to programs who offer innovative programs for young people ages 13—17, with a special priority given to programs that focus on outreach to diverse populations. HFA will also award a number of smaller $1,000 grants for noteworthy programs.
To be considered for funding, please submit the following information in a one-page Letter of Intent (250 words maximum):
- Primary contact: Name, address, phone # and email
- A snapshot of your organization, including:
- Mission statement
- Number of professional staff and volunteers
- Geographic region served by your programs ; and
- Programming provided to children, adolescents and their families
- A brief description of how funds from HFA would be used
View more information on the About Us - Grant Programs page of the HFA website.